Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Be My Neighbor: Block 14

Since we started this quilt back in March, I have been looking forward to this block. I think it is so fun and I love that the designers included a boat in the Neighborhood.
This block was a quick sew for me, about half an hour from start to finish, including choosing fabrics, which is generally a very time consuming part, in my case anyways. The sewing is just one large half square triangle set, 8 stitch and flips, and than some sewing together of all the rectangles. 
S
SMy Sherri and Chelsi boat I decided to nestle in the waves, and chose two blues as the fabrics for the waves. For my Art Gallery block I chose to rest the boat on top of the waves, and used 1 blue fabric, and the background. I am really happy with both of them.
With only two more houses to sew up and some sashing and borders, this quilt along is nearly over, the last blog post for this quilt along will be on October 30.  With that being said, Esther and I chose Tuesday, December 11 as the date for the party. That will give you just over a month from the last blog post to get your neighborhood quilted and bound. If you are laughing at me right now saying "yeah right I am way behind," work to get as much as you can done, we would love to see your progress. 
The party will be in the evening, and will include refreshments, a show and share, and some prizes and goodies.
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment