Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Updates

Next week my family and my brother's family will be on our way to Florida for our vacation. Before I leave I just wanted to post a few updates and reminders for the remainder of this month. On Friday I will post pictures of the newest fabric lines that we have in store and than that will be it for November, the next blog post will be on Tuesday, December 4.
M
The voting for the next quilt along ended on Friday. The Gypsy Wife Quilt received by far the most votes, out of the 56 total votes it received 27,  so we will definitely be doing that one as a quilt along through the blog. I will post a schedule, coloring page, a link to some inspiration and the fabric requirements in December. We have the pattern available for sale in our store. The other three options for the quilt along split the remaining 29 votes almost equally. I am still debating in my mind if I have time to run all four of them or if I should start two in January and two later on in the year. Thank you everyone who voted, it helps immensely when planning projects when we know what you want. 
Facebook Bingo has ended again. We had a picture posted to our page today of 15 squares that matched the ones Esther has been posting. Her prize for winning the game is a notions Advent Calendar. 
We are taking food donations until the end of the month for the Food Bank. That means we have just over two weeks to collect, and see how many hampers we can fill with your help.
S
Our pillowcase challenge has gone over really well. So many of you signed out a stack of pillowcases to sew that we had to cut more kits. As of today's count we have 155 finished at the store. Tomorrow is another sew day in our classroom dedicated to pillowcase sewing. 
Starting in December we will once again open our classroom for regular sew days. We will try to have one a week , and the dates for the month will be posted on our events page. The fee to use our classroom would be $5, and we would be available to answer questions that you may have. We have irons and boards, as well as extension cords available to use. If there is a special ruler you want us to demo for you on one of these days just let us know, and we will make sure we have it in store that day.
Our Zen Chic Trunk Show is the first week of December, if you would like to attend one of the Game Night Sessions you need to pre-register, and spots are filling up so do so soon to ensure you get a seat. 
S
On December 11 we have our reveal party at the store for everyone who participated in the Be My Neighbor Quilt Along. I am so excited to see everyone's quilts and find out if they stuck to the challenges that they made for themselves. I am in the process of binding my first quilt and the second is loaded onto the long arm machine, and I hope to get it quilted tomorrow. 
As I start to prepare for a new year of blogging, I would love to hear what you would like to see more of on this blog. Should I share new fabric collections and products more often? Do some feature pieces on various designers? Tips and tricks from myself and other staff members at the store? Please let me know in the comments. 

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment