Friday, April 12, 2019

New Fabrics and Projects

We have gotten several new shipments of fabric in during the past few weeks and all the collections are amazing. I mentioned last week that we received 10 new digital panels, and several of us are working on projects with them. Carrie sent me a sneak peak of what was in the 8 boxes she got today from Art Gallery, some of it is new blenders and the rest is new collections, and I shared a picture of them at the end of the post.
We also have a couple new Moda Lines in stock, most notably Lollipop Garden by Lella Boutique and Nova by Basic Grey. Both are perfect for any of those spring and summer projects you have planned, but are quite different in appearance.
Lollipop Garden has a palette of soft colors and prints, while Nova is a lot more bold in both its geometrics, florals and colors. We are busy getting some precuts together for both collections and are waiting on patterns for both to get the kits ready.
We have a few new designer bolts from Hoffman in stock, These particular ones are by Latifah Saafir and I love how fun they are and the throwback feel they have. The collection is called 1985. I am using the Macaroon bundle mixed with some Me and You Batiks to make a popsicle quilt, and it has been super fun so far.



Enchanted Lake is a collection from RJR and is very elegant. Carrie is currently working on a project with this line and a pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew called Cascade.

Speaking of Carrie she finished up this quilt for a friend last night from Homegrown By Deb Strain. She modified the Double Slice Layer Cake pattern to use the panels and I think it turned out really well.


I just finished up this quilt, Sunny Side Up by Corey Yoder, it is a Moda Kit and we have a few left in stock. Half of the blocks are pieced while the other half are from a panel.
I am also working on my Wolf Abstractions Quilt by Violet Craft, and I have just two segments left to stitch up and than I will be ready to assemble it.
I took some time this week to make a new springy Handbag and Wallet for myself and I absolutely love it. Both are patterns that we did in our Bag Club at the store, the Classic Carryall Handbag and the Roadtrip wallet. And I used fabric from an Art Gallery Collection called Art District.


My 5 year old also made his own quilt this past weekend, he picked the fabrics himself, cut the squares on the Accuquilt Cutter, laid out the blocks, sewed them together and did the long arming by himself. He did an amazing job, and his quilt turned out really well!

What are you working on right now? Are you finishing up some projects or do you have the itch to make something for spring?

Kayla
Just a reminder that we will be closed next week Friday, April 19, for Good Friday, and I will not be blogging on that date either. We will be open on Saturday, April 20.








1 comment:

  1. Love your bag and wallet! Just have to get over myself and make a bag soon... All of your projects are so inspiring...

    ReplyDelete