Friday, May 18, 2018

Bag Workshop

Esther has been working on setting up another workshop for sometime now, and this week we got confirmation on a Bag Workshop! This is mainly a teaser post about it as this is just confirmed and very few details aside from the dates have been worked out. 
We have an experienced bag maker who also happens to be a pattern tester and designer coming to our shop October 19 and 20 to do a workshop on two bags as well as a trunkshow for us. 
Esther and I are also thinking of adding an optional third day as well, where we will teach a third  pattern. This would take place on October 18. 
We are still working out the pricing details, as well as venues for the trunkshow.
I will do a much more detailed post in a few weeks when we have all the information worked out, along with some pictures of the bags we are making, and who will be teaching them. 
S
To go along with this, as well as by request we will be starting a Bag Of The Month Club in September. The Club will get together once a month to sew a bag. The patterns will all be from different designers, and range in style from totes, to wallets, to backpacks and more.
S
Esther and I will be spending the next few weeks making up the bags that we have chosen for the club, and get them into the store so that you can see the different patterns we will be doing before you sign up.
If you have never sewn bags before but are eager to try the Club is a great place to learn. It is a great way to learn and get advice rather than doing it completely on your own. That doesn't mean only beginners can join, it will be good for bag makers of all skill levels.
We have recently got in some fun cottons that look like cork and leather, and there are a few more colors on the way. These are great for those of you who like the look but are nervous to work with the real thing, or are scared your machine will be able to handle it. Come in store to check them out in person.
S
 
Before I can start my bags for the club, I need to finish up the minis that I am working on. I have a couple that need quilted, one that is cut, and another that I took home today. I hope to have them all finished for next Friday's blog post. 
We will be closed on Monday for Victoria Day.
Do you have any long weekend plans? My husband is taking me out for breakfast tomorrow morning while my inlaws watch our boys and than our family will be doing some yard work, and we have a Family Barbeque Sunday Evening.
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment