Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Redecorating

SToday was the first time in a long while that Carrie and I were able to work a full day together. To share a whole day with my little sister doing something we are both passionate about is such a treat and we always inspire each other with new projects as well as new ideas.
When I walked in the door today I suggested to her that we redo the store. This way we could give it a good cleaning and organizing and at the same time freshen it up and change the displays some. Of course Carrie agreed, I taught her well growing up to just assume that I was right and she should do what I do ;) 
S
We promptly made a plan and first thing was to move the Bag Hardware Bins to the new Hardware wall so it would all be together. The Hardware section is looking great and is very close to completion, I just have to finish barcoding the newest shipment and get it up and it will be finished. Already we have been receiving great feedback, on how much nicer it is to have it displayed on the wall. We are loving it as well, and it has made taking inventory of what we have and what we need so much easier! I must say that we have a lot more Hardware than I thought we did, from rings, and swivel hooks in numerous sizes and colors, to a whole rack of labels, tassel caps, zipper ends and other fun accessories, there is a wide variety of pieces to make your bag your own and truly unique.SS
After moving those Hardware bins we had an empty wall to use for a new fabric display.  We already knew what furniture pieces we wanted there so we started to take bolts off of them in order to move the furniture.
S
In order to clean and organize we first needed to make a bigger mess, and I'm talking 100 bolts stacked on the counter and propped against each other. 
S
We got the first display disassembled, and the furniture relocated and started putting fabric back on, however I can not just put the same fabric back onto each piece, I needed different fabric, so we found some lines that would work and soon the first display was complete. We repeated this process a total of 6 times and even took up some pieces from the basement that we haven't used in some time to create fresh arrangements to display all the gorgeous fabric on. We also moved several fabric lines around in existing shelf spaces to switch things up. 
Come in store soon to see all the changes!
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment