Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Sew Hometown: August

Another month, another set of blocks. This month we are making the Butterfly Blocks in the quilt. These blocks finish at 9" and we need to make 6 of them.
Once again there is some Improvisational Piecing involved. This type of piecing is perfect for using up scraps of all shapes. I didn't have many scraps left so I ended up cutting some 2" strips off my Fat Quarters and using them to do my improv on three of the blocks. The other three I decided to use just one piece of fabric rather than doing the improv.
Once you have the wing centers pieced the blocks assemble quite quickly. We just need to add the squares to all four corners of each wing, put the body between two and add the top border.
As with previous blocks, I used my folded corner clipper ruler from Creative Grids to trim the squares before sewing rather than drawing the lines.
If you wish to watch a video tutorial for this block, head over to the Inspiring Stitches website.
Here are all my blocks so far, only four more sets of blocks to go.

As a reminder the Fall Class and Club reveal is tomorrow evening, Wednesday, August 14 from 7pm-9pm, I hope to see you there.
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment