Monday, January 20, 2020

Heart Quilts

Happy Monday. I love Mondays, I always feel so refreshed after a Sunday and ready to start a new week with a positive attitude.
Today I want to share some quilts that we at the shop have been working on for Valentines Day and my favorite tool for making these quilts.

Carrie made this amazing quilt. It is a pattern from Vanessa Goertzen's book: Jelly Filled. She used a jelly roll of Love Story Fabric which was designed by Maureen Cracknell for Art Gallery, and I love the blue sashing she chose. We have kits available if you would like to make one too. As well as copies of the book if you have a different color scheme in mind.
Esther made this little one from an Art Gallery Color Master Box and pattern from a book called Follow Your Heart by Terry Atkinson. We have a variety of color master bundles in the shop as well as the book, which contains the patterns for a Sampler (which I am currently doing a Quilt Along through the blog on) as well as a number of other projects using the blocks.



I made this pixelated heart quilt with a new line of fabric called Fields of Poppies. It is made with 5" squares and goes together really quickly. I hope to finish up the kits for it tomorrow if  you would like to make one.

I am currently working on a table runner as well. It is a pattern downloaded from Moda Bakeshop and uses 2.5" strips and some background fabric. I worked on it for about 30 minutes on Saturday and got everything cut as well as half of the 5 blocks pieced, so it really will not take long for me to finish it off.
In the shop we have a couple Valentines Collections available as well as a Moda Kit by Deb Strain that contains the fabric and pattern needed to make a wall hanging and table runner. The wall hanging has a panel in the center so it is a nice quick project.

As many Heart Quilts require stitch and flip corners, the Folded Corner Clipper by Creative Grids is a great tool. It eliminates the need to draw the lines on the backs of those squares, allowing you to instead trim and than sew. I use mine all the time and absolutely love it!

I was browsing through blogs the other day and came across a fun idea on Simple Simon and Company, they have a quilt designated for the moth of February and every few days someone new received the quilt, and the family had to share what they loved about that person. I think this is such a fun idea and may need to implement something similar in our house, though I would have to use just red or throw some more masculine colors in because my boys would balk at using a pink a quilt.

 Do you make quilts or table runners for Valentines Day?
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment