Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Be My Neighbor: Block 8

This block is the last one in the second row which also means that after this one we will be halfway through the blocks! 
I absolutely love this block, I think it is one of my favorites so far. There are lots of ways to play with color here. You can do the whole house one fabric, highlight the smaller front section, make the two roofs the same or different, change up all the leaves or do them all the same. 
S
Esther and I both chose to fussy cut a flower motif rather than cut the circles for our Art Gallery Blocks. This will fit in with the birds I have been fussy cutting for the other blocks. The amazing thing about quilting is you are able to make each project your own and to use your imagination and creativity, you can change up patterns or use a different technique and no one can tell you otherwise.  
S
As you know I have been making Half Square Triangles with the trimmings, with this one I decided to make Quarter Square Triangles with the cut offs as they were rather small and I had one extra QST from a previous block that I didn’t want to be lonely later on. I am still trying to decide what I will do with them, but I am sure I will be happy I took a little extra time to sew them up.
S
Have you laid out your blocks all together to see what the quilt looks like so far or are you going to wait until the end. I think I will lay mine out before I continue just to be sure I don’t have to much of one color going on and not enough of another. Because I am just a little OCD like that. 
Make sure you catch up and post your blocks to our Facebook Group before I post Block 9 on July 3. This will keep you on track to finish this quilt and get you a free meter of fabric of your choice as well. Someone has already shown me all 8 of hers and picked out her prize and I can't wait to see what you do with the fabric selections on this block.
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment