Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Staff Profile: Taylor

SSHello my name is Taylor and I live in Coaldale with my 3 other siblings. I go to school with Carrie at CCS although I am in the grade below her. We are the best of friends and every day working with her is a new adventure! My plans for after school involve attending college for therapeutic recreation because I Love interacting with elderly. Most of my free time is spent babysitting for different families in church or working around the house for my mom.
I've been working at Chicken Feed Quilts for a little over a year now and I started with very little experience. I was very overwhelmed with all the amazing fabric that Esther has all throughout the store. I started working on a weekly basis with Kayla and she acted as my quilting mentor. I learned a lot of things from her such as the importance of fabric lines, and keeping areas organized and clean. Recently I have been putting in a lot of hours at the store working mainly with Carrie and Michelle who both have amazing taste in fabric. We have all been working to keep the store clean and organized as well as updating product inventory in order to get our online shop up and running. I love cutting out kits and precuts downstairs on the Accuquilt Go cutter because i don't have to worry about cutting my fingers on the rotary cutter. It also prevents the worry of a crooked cut.
The last big job I was given was to organize and better display the pattern wall. In the beginning I did not realize that this job would take so long. After a lot of arranging and sorting I finally finished the pattern wall with all the quilt patterns on display (Seriously come give it a look :) ) The store carries hundreds of patterns for everything from bags to quilts to mini’s.
Throughout the months of working I have learned so many things and have actually made a few projects myself (How could you not want to quilt after spending time in Esther’s store!) I recently just made a table runner out of Art Gallery fabrics and I am in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment