Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Be My Neighbor: Block 10

SI am home once again from our family vacation last week. My husband, boys and myself spent five days with family and friends in Swan Lake Montana, a beautiful campground that we go to every year. We had wonderful weather and it was so nice to spend quality time together as a family. 
S
This week we are working on the tenth house in our Quilt Along. I absolutely love star quilt blocks and so this house ranks pretty high on my list of favorites.  When I was putting the center portion together I had a slight moment of panic because my squares were smaller than my rectangles, I double checked all my measurements with the pattern, but it turns out this is how it is supposed to be. It gives a lovely floating star effect when the block is finished. 
SWith this block I primarily used my 4.5" x 8.5" Creative Grids Ruler, it is such a handy size, it fits perfectly in my hand and in my ruler stand, and is a great length for trimming the triangles. 
S
I have also been using my 18.5" square ruler from Creative Grids to square up each block before putting them aside to await the completion of the quilt. 
Speaking of triangles, my collection of Sherri and Chelsi HST's grew substantially with this block, and the tin that I keep them in is starting to fill up. I'm going to have to think of a project to use them for.
S
If you are falling behind make sure you visit the blog on Friday for all the details on a new club that we will be starting in September.
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment