Thursday, March 4, 2021

Garden Sampler: Month 3 - Basil Block

 

We are already into March! That is crazy, February flew by way too fast! With it being March, it is time to pull out our samplers again. This month for the garden sampler we are making the Basil Block. This one I found nice and simple, and easy to put together which was good for me, as I looked at my week and realized I had some busy evenings and days.

For this month I made no adjustments to any cutting instructions.
This month had a lot of stitch and flip corners, so I was very thankful for my Folded Corner Clipper. Instead of having to draw the diagonal line on all of the 32 squares, I got to cut the excess off before stitching, giving me the proper 1/4" seam allowance right away, and then i could follow the line on my Diagonal Seam Tape to ensure I came out with proper points in the end. 
Using my Folded Corner Clipper

Sewing my 1/4" following the Seam Tape



Components

Once your components are finished it is a few more quick seams and you have your block complete. I needed to double check a few times to make sure I had all the corners pointing the right way to give my block the proper look in the end. 

I love the look of this block when it is finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment