Monday, July 12, 2021

The Bonnie and Camille Quilt Bee: Month 6

 Happy Monday Friends! We have reached the halfway mark in our Bonnie and Camille Quilt Bee, which also means it is time to pick a halfway point prize winner. I will announce the prize winner at the end of this post so you will have to keep on reading to get there ;) First we have to go over the blocks we need to make this month. 

This month we are making the Evening Star Block and the instructions can be found on page 103 of our pattern book. 


We need to make 4 of the block and that is all for this month, and I for one was thankful about that as my calendar for the past couple weeks, and the next few weeks got very full and my quilting time has.  decreased somewhat.

The Evening Star block goes together the same was as the Eight Point Star Block that we made last month, all that is different is we are switching the placement of the print and background. 

So once again I used my Ultimate Flying Geese Ruler from Creative Grids to make the Flying Geese sections of the block. 

This time around I tried to use bolder colors for my blocks, whereas in the Eight Point Star Blocks I used some of the softer prints. 

If you click here you can see how I made the Eight Point Star blocks. 

Now for the Prize Winner. Congratulations to Arlene S you are the winner of our Halfway Prize. You have won a prize pack containing a Chicken Feed Quilts Water Bottle, one of our organizational binders and a Charm Pack of Sunday Stroll. I will contact you directly to arrange pick up of your prize. 


Keep sending me the photos of your projects each month as there will be another prize at the end of your quilt along. 


Have a great week, 
Kayla


No comments:

Post a Comment