Monday, September 27, 2021

Sewing for Fall

 Fall is here, and it is beautiful this year. The colors are gorgeous and the temperatures are wonderful. I love fall and I really love to decorate my house for the season as well. Today I thought I would share with you some fall projects to inspire you and I wonder do you decorate for the autumn season at all?

Last year I made this fun little runner and matching pillow. The pattern is called Pumpkins by Cluck Cluck Sew and I just made one block for the pillow and 5 for the runner. I used fabric from Summer Sweet by Sherri and Chelsi and from Abby Rose by Robin Pickens. 

Esther used the same pattern as I did and made the lap size quilt using Pumpkins and Blossoms by Fig Tree. I love how it turned out and I think it would be so cute draped over a couch or on a blanket ladder. We have Kits in the shop for this one, just click here. 

Last year Esther made this really fun quilt called Vintage Fall by Confessions of a Homeschooler. She used a variety of Corey Yoder prints, but her new collection Cozy Up would be fantastic for it as well. 

Cider by Basic Grey is a fantastic collection for fall without bringing any pumpkins into the mix. Esther is working on a really fun Jelly Roll Quilt from the book On a Roll Again with it right now and we are planning to put kits together for it as well. This is a photo from the book as Esther's was not available for me to get a photo of today. But hers is the same as this. 


Just today my Husband said I needed to make some small seasonal quilts for our porch, and so I will be browsing for some mini quilt ideas myself, because when your husband tells you to make a new quilt you definitely jump on that one quick. 

Have a great week!
Kayla


No comments:

Post a Comment