Thursday, September 2, 2021

Garden Sampler BOM: Block 9

 It is the beginning of a new month and time to pull out those Block of the Month projects again. 

We are in September already, which means back to school and back to a normal routine for many people. How do you feel about back to school? September for me means that my wedding is so close!!! It is Wedding Month!!! So for me September is a bunch of last minute plans, last minute decorating, showers, and preparing to get married and move out. Today I was off to Calgary to pick up my dress! But I did sneak a bit of time in to get my block finished. 

For this block I changed the cutting a little bit, the only thing I changed is where it had 3/8" I changed that to 1/2" just so I'd have a bit more room to square up my HST

The Pieces

I found that piecing this block was not too difficult, there is a couple HSTs and a couple flip and stitches, which I used my Diagonal Seam Tape for.
For the Half Square Triangles I used my 4-in-1 HST ruler to square them up, but in my excitement to get the block finished I forgot to take pictures of how I used the ruler this time, oops. 
But we have done many demos on this Trim Tool, so be sure to check out our Facebook videos to learn more if you are unsure about it.

The Components

Once you have the components made this block just has a simple nine-patch construction and the block is finished! 
My Block 9

Now that I have this block finished, I am going back to my decorations and seating chart to get everything ready and off my mind. This block was a good break, and a good distraction for a few minutes though. Have you been keeping up? Is your sewing room a good break and distraction from the craziness of life for you?

Just a reminder that we will be closed Saturday Sept. 4, and Monday Sept. 6 for the Labour Day Long Weekend. 
We will also be closed Friday Sept. 17 for Carrie's Wedding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment