Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Sew Hometown: April

Welcome to month 4 of the Sew Hometown Sew Along. This month we are making Flutter, a simple block that finishes at 6", and we are making 5 of them.
For the small triangles I cut 5 squares. I than cut these in half diagonally once. From the resulting triangles I cut one on the diagonal to use for the blocks, and set the other one aside for use in a later block.

For the large triangles I cut as directed in the pattern, and set the extra triangles aside for later.

We have some improv blocks coming up that these leftover pieces will be perfect for.

I used my 6.5" square Creative Grids Ruler to trim up my blocks.

And finally I put all my blocks so far up on the wall to see my progress.

 How are your blocks coming?

Kayla

Check back Friday to see some of the newest fabrics in our shop and the projects some of us are working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment