Thursday, October 22, 2020

Favorite Products: October

 Today I am going to share with you some of our favorite products at the moment. 

Esther is loving the Creative Grids Cutting Mats in the various sizes, the LDH Cutting Blades for rotary cutters, and her Fiskars Rotary Cutter. The Creative Grids Mats are a great color and they have really great markings.  The mat is double sided and one side of the mat has detailed markings for precise cutting, while the other which can be nice when you are using the lines on your rulers to cut instead. It is important to replace your blades, rulers and mats to keep your cutting accurate and avoid extra wear and tear on each item individually. For a video Esther did with more information on this topic on this click this link. I will also put it into writing as an upcoming blog post in the next week or two. 

Fiskars actually has a new limited edition rotary cutter out right now that I used in my video on Tuesday. It is pink and sparkly and the moment I seen it on the wall I just had to have it. 

  

The shop ordered a new longarm and it arrived today so Carrie chose that as her favorite product. It is an APQS Freddie and when I left the shop at lunch time she had already enlisted help to get it down the stairs and start setting it up. We will have long arm rentals available in the new year so watch for more details on that. 

I am loving a couple different books right now. The first is the Labor of Love book by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life. I mentioned this book back in August when I had made my first quilt from it, but I have made a couple more from the book now and there is also a sampler quilt along happening with the book. The patterns are fantastic and they are all so different from each other. 

Sherri is running the Labor of Love QAL on her blog (visit it here) and I am sewing along. Each week we make one block using the patterns from the book and in the end we will have 12 blocks to assemble into a large lap sized sampler quilt. Block 4 released today and I can't wait to get to my machine to sew it up. 

    

The other book that has been moved to the top of my favorites is the Charming Baby Book by Melisa Cory. This book is full of great patterns to make baby quilts, or if you don't need  to make any baby quilts you could use them as wall hangings or table toppers instead. I am working on one called Ring Around the Rosie, and have several more picked out. We are sold out of this book at the moment but there are more on order and they should be here this week or next.

 

Have a great weekend! 

Kayla 

No comments:

Post a Comment