Thursday, October 8, 2020

To Prewash Fabric or Not?

 Happy Thanksgiving Weekend! I am very much looking forward to a few days off with my kiddos and husband and joining our parents and siblings for a couple family dinners. What are your Thanksgiving Plans this year?

We get a lot of questions on whether or not we should be washing our fabrics before we get to sewing and cutting and I thought I should find a little more information on it for you rather than just saying no I do not. 

As I was researching the question I discovered a fantastic blog post written by Carrie Nelson on the Moda Cutting Table Blog, and it summed up all the pros and cons so nicely that I am just going to post a link below and you can read it there, rather than me trying to find a way to summarize it nicely and still hit all the important information. The post was written a couple years ago but I found all the information still very relevant and helpful. 

Find the Post by Moda Here

There will be no blog post on Monday, so the next post will be done by Carrie next week Thursday and will contain the information for the next block in her Midnight Clear Quilt Along. 

Have a great weekend!

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment