Monday, January 18, 2021

Heart Quilts

 Valentines is just under a month away and I for one love making Heart Quilts! Esther, Carrie and I have all made several so tonight we wanted to share our favorites with you and hopefully inspire you to make a new one too. (And yes this means I did not get the details figured out for our next stash busting quilt along, but I will work on it)

Anyways back to Heart Quilts. Esther made this really fun one a few years back already using a wide variety of Art Gallery Prints and we sold so many kits of it. We actually made a couple more kits using similar fabrics if you want to make one too. 

This little cutie that Esther made is from the book Follow Your Heart and it is just adorable, and the perfect size for a baby quilt or a wall hanging. 


Carrie has a couple she's made too. 

The first one is this one from the Jelly Filled Book by Vanessa of Lella Boutique, Carrie used Love Story Fabric by Maureen Cracknell. We have kits available in the shop for this one. 

She also made this Piece and Love Quilt using an Art Gallery Collection called Foresta Fusion

I have several and in addition I picked 3 more to make when I was working on Friday.

One of my favorites is my Hearts at Home Quilt I made during a Quilt Along on Instagram last year. I made it large enough to fit my bed and it is on it right now. 

I love this runner called Jelly Roll Hearts (free pattern on Moda Bakeshop which can be found here) It uses 2.5" strips and is great for scraps. 


I also had a lot of fun making this Pixel Heart Quilt. We still have a couple of kits left for this one I think, so ask about it in our shop. I think maybe I want to make another one using smaller squares. 

I chose two Infinite Hearts Quilts on Friday. There is a quilt along that starts today for it and I can't wait to get sewing on them tonight. 

For one I am using fabrics from my Sherri and Chelsi stash, and the other will be a sample for the shop featuring a couple Ombre Bloom colors, there will kits available for the Ombre one as soon as the pattern arrives in the shop. 

The other new one I am starting is one called Quilty Hearts, kits are available for this one now and we used the fabric Just Red by Zen Chic. 

Esther and Carrie have also each picked a new Heart Quilt, but I don't have any photos so you will have to follow our Social Media or watch for a new "What Are We Working On" post to see those. 

Have you made any Heart Quilts, or are you planning too? 
I read on a blog of a family that had a Love Quilt and for the first little while in February the quilt was passed to a new person each day along with a little note which had something that they loved about that person. I think this is a really fun idea and may have to implement it in our family. 

We will be sharing a lot of these quilts and more of our favorites on Facebook Live tomorrow so be sure to check them out. 

Have a great week, we have the Virtual Retreat this weekend so there will be no blog post on Thursday as we will all be busy getting ready, but I will share how it went in next Monday's post. 
Kayla


No comments:

Post a Comment