Thursday, January 28, 2021

Stash Buster Quilt Along

 Happy Thursday, this week actually feels like winter with the colder temperatures we have been having. I have been mulling over another Stash Busting Quilt Along, and hinted at it here a couple times. I have been eyeing up The Bonnie and Camille Quilt Bee since before it was even available to purchase, and my husband actually bought it for me for Christmas. I think that this will be a fun one to do as a Quilt Along! It is a great stash buster, and the pattern book also includes patterns for 12 other projects so it is a great bang for your buck. It has been a popular book in our shop so I am sure I am not the only one who would like to start making this fun sampler quilt that finishes at 68x80, and is pictured on the front cover of the pattern book. 



We will be following the Month Breakdown as in the pattern so it will be a 12 month qal and we will start sewing on February 8, which gives us a couple of weeks to get our fabric picks made. 

The Fabric Requirements for the quilt are listed in the pattern, but some blocks use pieces as small as 2.5" squares so it will be great to use up some of those small scraps you have been saving. 

I will be using Sherri&Chelsi fabrics, I think, as I have quite the collection of it. There may be a new collection or two at the shop that I have been eyeing so this may change yet ;)

 I will post my fabric pull to our Facebook Page (Chicken Feed Quilts) next week and I would love to see your fabric pulls as well so please post them in the comments section of my post. 

For the Quilt Along you will need the Bonnie and Camille Quilt Bee book, we have one left in stock right now, plus several more on the way. We also have two kits left using Shine On by Bonnie and Camille, which is the same as the fabric used in the pattern, if you don't have a huge stash or would like to use a kit. 

Each month on the second Monday (starting February 8) I will post the blocks we are making, a photo of my own and any tips or useful products to help in making the blocks. 

One tip before we even start, I took my book to Minute Man Printing in Lethbridge and for a small fee they were able to put a coil binding on my book. This way it lays flat open to the correct page, and I don't wreck the spine of the book. I have done it to a couple books, and plan on bringing a couple more of my favorites in for the same treatment. 

I would love for you to sew along with me and to share your progress as we go too. There will be 2 prize packs available to win for those that sew along, one in month 6 and the other in month 12, I haven't made the prize packs yet, but will put them together and post them on February 8 as well. 

You do not need to officially sign up anywhere, just sew along for some relaxing fun!

If you have any questions please let me know, 

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment