Thursday, February 25, 2021

Getting Inspired

Have you ever been in a rut when quilting? Where you don't feel inspired or don't feel like quilting? I think it happens to everyone, but how do you overcome it? I have a couple things that I do when I feel this way. 

One thing I have found that always helps is visiting the Quilt Shop. It is hard to walk in and not feel inspired and want to create something new and I often end up walking out with a new project to work on. 


Another thing that works for me is to make something start to finish that is really quick, for example a new mini for my wall, a table runner or a quick simple patchwork quilt. Sometimes just making something quick start to finish gives me the itch to continue working on other projects to finish them as well. 

Sewing with friends is always a great way to get out of a rut too. It may be a little more difficult to do right now, but if you can't get together physically, there are a few different ways to do this virtually. We actually have Open Sew Days twice a month virtually at the shop. Just send me an email, and I will send out the link to join in. We had our first one last Friday and it went really well. It was nice to see other people and what they were working on!

One last thing I do is clean my sewing room. My sewing space is rarely a mess, but when it is I find it hard to work on a project. Just cleaning it up and getting organized makes me want to jump in and sew again!

Do you have any tips to get out of a sewing rut? 

Kayla


No comments:

Post a Comment