Monday, October 18, 2021

The Bonnie and Camille Quilt Bee: Month 9

 Happy Monday, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving Weekend. Today we are moving on to Month 9 in our Bonnie and Camille Quilt Bee. You had an extra week to catch up so I hope you are ready to move on. 

This month we need to make total of 4 blocks, but they go quick because it is actually only two different block patterns. The Nine Patch Block can be found on page 116 and the Plaid Block can be found on page 117.


Nine Patch Block. We need to make 2 of this block for our quilt. This one takes only a little bit of a print fabric, so I used a blue that I had very little left of but wanted in the quilt once more and a Black print that is one of my favorite in the bundle to get a little more of the black in the quilt but not be too overpowering. It goes together really well, but if you are unsure about getting it nice and square you can cut your borders for the block a smidge bigger and trim the block to the correct size after pressing. 

Plaid Block. Again we need to make 2 of this block for our quilt. I chose a main print for each of my two blocks and then chose some accenting prints afterwards. I love how different the two blocks look from each other with different fabric and the darker colors in different spots. This block goes together nice as well, just be careful to gently press those strip sets so you don't stretch your fabrics at all.

We only have 6 left blocks left to make once these are done, and I am really wanting to get mine finished. I got my backing and binding last week, do you have yours picked out yet or will you wait until the top is finished?

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment