Friday, July 5, 2019

New Fabric: Christmas Edition

It is July, which for us as a quilt shop means that most of our Christmas Fabrics for this year have arrived and is out on the shelves.
We have a line by Gingiber from Moda, called Merriment. We got a little yardage for this line but mostly precuts and the panels. All three patterns we have with the collection use panels, a precut and some background fabrics. We also have a box kit from Moda that makes a super cute quilt of stockings.
Also from Moda is Holiday Lodge by Deb Strain. I love this collection, it feels so Western Canadian to me with the buffalo plaid, the snow flakes and the bears. We have some really fun patterns on the way for this one.


Basic Grey came out with a Christmas line again this year. It is called Kringle Claus.

We also have the new Christmas Collection from Lella Boutique. It is called Little Tree. It has some reds, greens, whites, blacks, and a great bit of aqua blue mixed in as well. There is also a huge panel that measures 56"x74", it can be quilted and bound or made bigger with borders. The panels came prepackaged and the rest is actually still in plastic so I did not get a photo of it.
From Robin Pickens is a traditional Red, Green, White and Black line called Splendid. I am currently working on a sampler quilt with this collection and I can't wait to get it all finished up.
We also have a collection from Art Gallery as well, it is called Merry and Bright. The free pattern download for this one, is a quilt made with 60 degree triangles laid out to form a Christmas Tree.
We have a few more collections that we are missing pieces yet from because they were backordered, but there is lots to get you started.
Do you do any Christmas or Holiday sewing, do you like to start early or do you tend to wait until its a little closer to winter?
I promised my 3 oldest boys Christmas Quilts for their beds this year, I have the fabrics and pattern chosen for 1 of the boys, but that's as far as I have gotten, but I should probably focus on it a little more when I get back from my upcoming camping trip.
Kayla
We will have a float in the Settler Days Parade tomorrow, and a tent sent up with some quilts for sale as well. Our store got several new displays this week, so be sure to stop in to see us.
Also there will be no blog posts next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment