Thursday, June 3, 2021

Garden Sampler BOM: Month 6

 We are already in June! Crazy to think how fast this year is going by. 

It being June means it is time to pull out those Block of the Month projects again. We are here again with the Garden Sampler block of the month to make the Dill block. 

In comparison to the previous couple blocks, this one seemed simple. All that is needed to be done in this block is a few flip and stitch corners. I didn't even have to adjust any of the cutting which is strange for me.  

The cut pieces labeled with my Alphabitties

To make my flip and stitch corners I used my Diagonal Seam Tape from Cluck Cluck Sew.

My components

The pieced petal unit.
For the petal unit, the only thing to watch out for, is to make sure you have all those flipped corners facing the right way, in order to get the proper look. I did double check the diagram as I did mine, to make sure I had the background and center triangles in the right corners.

My Block 6! 


I really do love the look of this block, even though I am really not a green person, I think it turned out well. IT was also refreshing to have a simple, straight forward block, as I sat down to make it last night quickly before I went to bed. 


Have you been keeping up? Do you like BOMs or would you prefer to just sit don and do a project start to finish? 


I hope everyone has a great weekend. I am hoping that the heat stays a bit longer, and that the wind stays away so that I can get some time in on the water and enjoy the new dock my fiance built. 

No comments:

Post a Comment