Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Sew Hometown: May

It honestly feels like I just finished the Sew Hometown post for April, and yet here we are a week into May already. In our family, my two oldest have started soccer, and my husband has begun softball again. I love this time of year, even though it is really busy, it feels like a kickoff to summer fun and being outside as much as possible. I also get a lot of binding done while sitting at the soccer field watching practices and games, so that is always a plus. I do find that I have less time in the evenings to quilt but an hour is still better than nothing.
For our Sew Hometown Quilt Along, we have 5 blocks to make this month. The block we are making is called Hopscotch and is quite fun. It is more intricate than last month's and it finishes at 9" when it is in the quilt.
In my Fat Quarter Bundle I had some brown prints that I decided to use as the "background" fabric this time, and than I used solids for the dark section and a print for the light.
I actually followed the instructions this time around and didn't change anything.
Amy Ellis did a video tutorial on the block so you can click here to see it.

 For it being only May, there is already a good number of blocks that we have finished. I am loving this Block of the Month so far, how about you?

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment