Thursday, November 4, 2021

Garden Sampler BOM: Month 11

 

It is already November! this year is flying by. 
We are on Block 11 of our Garden Sampler BOM, which means we are making the rosemary block. I made a couple adjustments in the cutting this month. Everywhere that the pattern asked for an 1/8, I rounded up to the nearest quarter. This gave me extra trimming room on my HST, 
The Pieces

For these Half Square Triangles I tried a little bit of a different squaring method, I still used my 4-in-1 HST ruler, but I pressed my triangles first, then found the appropriate markings on my ruler to trim. 
Trim up the side and top, then flip your block and ruler and trim again. 

Trim 1


Trim 2

On the big pink HST we need to add Flip and Stitch pieces, for those I used my diagonal seam tape. 
The Components

This block uses a little different method of putting the final block together, but we have done it before. I drew a box around my center block, 1/4" away from each edge so that I knew when to start and stop my seams. 
And now we have Block 11! I love how this block turned out, and I am so excited to put my blocks together next month. There is a lot of piecing involved in the sashing and we still have one more block to make, so that might be a two part blog so that I don't overwhelm you, and maybe to give me a bit more time to sew. 

Now I better get back to work getting everything done that I need to before I take off to Florida with my husband and with Kayla and her family next week. 
Have a great month everyone! I'll be back to share block 12 next month. 





1 comment:

  1. Babayliss nano titanium flat iron - etiçu etis de la piete
    By creating an avatar titanium money clip you dei titanium exhaust wrap are infiniti pro rainbow titanium flat iron able to show you your own and ford titanium ecosport the benefits of titanium flat irons Babayliss nano titanium flat iron online.

    ReplyDelete