Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Be My Neighbor: Block 16

SThis is the final block for our Be My Neighbor Quilt! It is a fun block but it has a lot of pieces. I cut mine and laid them out in sections to keep them organized. Even though it has many pieces, it is a very straightforward block. However be sure to look at the assembly instructions, the final block is sewn together in strips and the little apartment above the house is formed when these strips get sewn together. Also be sure to align the chimney section with the strips going horizontal, so that when you flip it up, the chimney points up and not sideways. 
S
I love how these two blocks turned out, I have grabbed the pink and grey fabric for every single block in my Art Gallery Quilt but haven't found it suitable until this house, so I am glad I was able to finally use it. 
I am anxious to put all my blocks together and see how they look, but I am going to miss making a new house every couple weeks. 
I will post some tips for borders and sashing on October 30 and than we have about 6 weeks until our party on December 11. At the party we will do a show and share, have some snacks and maybe we will do a door prize or have some small gifts. 
Kayla
 


No comments:

Post a Comment